We evaluate your company’s operations to determine if the appropriate controls are in place to ensure proper handling of resources and to protect yourself from employee theft. We assess your internal controls and systems to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of your operating procedures. Then we make recommendations that help your company become stronger and more profitable by correcting any inefficient operating procedures we find. Systemz Bookkeeping will:
- Set up checks and balances so that duties are divided among different people to reduce the risk of error or inappropriate actions. No one person has control over all aspects of any financial transaction.
- Ensure transactions are authorized by a person given approval authority and that the transactions are consistent with policy.
- Make certain that records are routinely reviewed and reconciled by someone other than the person processing the transaction.
- Document that equipment, inventories, cash and other business property are secured physically, counted periodically, and compared to those of the financial records.
- Provide employees with appropriate training and guidance to ensure they have the knowledge necessary to carry out their job duties, are provided with an appropriate level of direction and supervision, and are aware of the proper channels for reporting suspected improprieties.
- Document policies and procedures and make them accessible to employees. The documented policies and procedures provide day-to-day guidance to your staff and continuation of duties in the event of prolonged employee absences or turnover.