Cleanup is our specialty! We will perform a multi-point checklist as we go through your books, researching each and every item on your chart of accounts. We look for the following, making corrections as needed:
- Cash accounts are reconciled and agree with bank statements. Items that are NOT reconciled are investigated.
- Credit cards are reconciled.
- Retained earnings agree with the tax return.
- Fixed assets are appropriately capitalized.
- Other assets are appropriately stated.
- Loans (e.g. lines of credit, bank loans) agree to statements and interest is booked appropriately.
- Intercompany loans agree on both sets of accounting records (if you own more than one company and loan money back and forth).
- No negative assets and no negative liabilities.